Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Oxymoron of Blogs


Would you like to hear an oxymoron?

I don't read blogs.

Really.
I simply do not have the time.

I tend to read for information and to learn. (Unless it is a good fiction novel!)

I understand why people would not wish to subscribe to this blog since we are all busy. Time is just a short commodity in our lives.

I try to put very short snippets of information in this blog to direct you to information rather than write a dissertation on a topic or my own thoughts or reflections. This blog is intended to provide information.

With that said... I do read a blog called Principal's Page religiously. Here is a sample of Michael Smith's blog on School is Hard Work.

My all time favorite blog from Principal's Page was when he told us the top five things not to do in a job interview. I had to wipe the tears from my eyes because I was laughing so hard. I simply did not think of prospective teachers having their mothers drive them to the interview.

Ok...one more favorite..Swine Flu! This one Mr. Smith did not slop down!! It is hysterical.

Mr. Smith's blog is always timely, entertaining, funny and engaging. I highly recommend a weekly dose of Principal's Page Postings.
He always makes me smile and see the lighter side of education.

Teachers always need more laughter in their lives. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment