Monday, November 9, 2009

Words To Live By

As educators, we take care of others and do it very well. We tend to forget to take care of ourselves. I had a good friend who recently retired and I miss her dearly because everytime I would see her we would ask each other a very simple question, "What have you done for yourself today?". The key to this communique was we were honest in our responses! Sometimes we would admit things as silly as "I sat for 5 minutes with my feet up on the desk and did absolutely nothing!" Or, "I drove by McDonald's and got a soda. I didn't really have the time to stop but I did it anyway!" We would just laugh and hug.
How frequently do we give ourselves permission to just enjoy ourselves during our busy day?
I challenge you to take time today to enjoy a moment with a child. Take time today to enjoy a moment just for yourself.
Here are a few words of inspiration I always have posted at my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment